$370 | Non-members:
$740 (Learn more about membership)
Continuing Education: The two-day ICD-10 workshop provides 7.5 nursing CEs
Dates: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 and Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Times: 1 – 4:30 pm ET both days
Instructor: Carol Maher, RN-BC, RAC-MTA, RAC-MT, CPC
In this program, AANAC Master Teacher, Carol Maher, RN-BC, RAC-MT, CPC, guides long-term care nurses and IDT members through the process of determining and identifying the most appropriate ICD-10-CM codes. The Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) has increased the importance of accurate ICD-10-CM diagnoses by shifting Medicare payments from therapy volume to resident characteristics. ICD-10-CM codes and diagnoses will impact the OT, PT, SLP, NTA, and nursing components under PDPM. Carol will walk you through the process for using the ICD-10-CM Manual, from identification of the main term through the final code selection, and review coding and chapter-specific guidelines. You will have the opportunity to enhance your learning and locate correct ICD-10-CM codes through this workshop.
- Define the correct process for determining the ICD-10 CM code from the physician’s documented diagnoses
- State the importance of chapter specific guidelines
- Explain steps required to determine a principal diagnosis
- State the MDS item where the facility will document the ICD-10-CM code for the primary diagnosis
- List at least four documents to review to determine diagnoses for your new SNF resident
After registering, you'll receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.