Members: $125 | Non-members: $250
Continuing Education: This virtual workshop is eligible for 1.5 CE hours
Duration: One 90-minute session; plus online exam
Speaker: Jessie McGill, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA
CMS continues to expand the use of section GG, from driving SNF Quality Reporting Program (QRP) measures to having a major impact in three of the five case-mix-adjusted PDPM payment components – PT, OT, and nursing – and, starting Oct. 1, 2020, to be used by State Medicaid Agencies to inform future payment model decision.
NACs must take on a larger role in coordinating data collection and ensuring it’s accuracy. This starts with consistent training for nurses aides and the entire IDT. AANAC’s Section GG Train-the-Trainer certificate program will prepare you to provide on-going training to direct care staff to accurately report or document the resident’s performance in the 24 different section GG self-care and mobility activities.
To become a trainer, you must watch the instructional webinar and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or better. Upon successful completion, you will receive AANAC’s Section GG Training Kit, which includes:
- Section GG Trainer’s Guide
- Powerpoint training presentation for training IDT members
- Section GG data collection tools and GG pocket guide for attendees
- A certificate of completion for attendees
This comprehensive training package will prepare you for teaching in small or large groups, ranging from five to 500 people.
Following this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the differences between the performance periods on the OBRA and PPS assessments for section GG data collection
- Demonstrate understanding of section GG performance scales, tasks, and subtasks
- Employ section GG training strategies for large or small groups
- Teach section GG concepts and documentation to nurse aides, nurses, therapy team members, and additional direct care IDT members
There is an online exam associated with the Section GG Train-the-Trainer certificate program.
Jessie McGill has no conflicts of interest to disclose.