From January 26 through February 16, 2020, a software issue caused Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) claims to be incorrectly cancelled with a message that there was no three day qualifying hospital stay. This issue is corrected. If your claims were incorrectly cancelled, re-bill them in sequential order to receive payment.
· Claims need to process in date of service order for each stay for the Variable Per Diem (VPD) to calculate correctly
· Submit claims in sequence and wait at least 2 weeks before billing subsequent claims
· Some of the affected claims with older dates of service will require a timely filing exception; enter “Resubmission due to non-qualifying stay” in the remarks field
· This issue was not caused by the recent implementation of the SNF Patient Driven Payment Model
· Contact your MAC to receive the Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) for deceased beneficiaries