These address issues related to SNF consolidated billing, telehealth, and other Medicare coverage and payment issues.
The updates include the following SNF FAQ: If a new benefit period was granted pursuant to the section 1812(f) waiver, and the PHE ends in the middle of that new benefit period, would the beneficiary be entitled to the full 100 days of renewed SNF benefits, or would that entitlement end on the day the PHE ends?
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released an additional list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to Medicare providers regarding the Department of Health & Human Services’ (HHS) Provider Relief Fund and the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program payments, also referred to as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) relief payments. The FAQs provide guidance to providers on how to report provider relief fund payments, uninsured charges reimbursed through the Uninsured Program administered by Health Resources and Services Administration, and Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Forgiveness amounts. The FAQs also address that provider relief fund payments should not offset expenses on the Medicare Cost Report.
- Frequently Asked Questions to Assist Medicare Providers
- Medicare Telehealth Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) (now included in all-inclusive FAQs)
- Medicare Monoclonal Antibody COVID-19 Infusion Program Instruction
- Infographic: Coverage of Monoclonal Antibody Products to Treat COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), CLIA Guidance During the COVID-19 Emergency