Each year, AANAC and AADNS hold an annual conference to bring together nursing professionals like you for best-in-class education, networking, and fun. With this year’s theme, we gather to envision the future of long-term and post-acute care in an atmosphere of collaboration to foster a new paradigm of teamwork and innovation. If your future is in long-term or post-acute care, you want to be a part of this event!
Over the past few months, AANAC and AADNS have been working hard to bring you an event like never before and we cannot wait for you to join us! At this year’s conference, we’re doing things just a little differently from previous years, and we hope you’ll love the changes.
What’s New This Year?
Unified Conference – The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN), the parent company of AANAC and AADNS, will bring its two associations together for a united event as we celebrate AANAC’s 20th anniversary and encourage collaboration and teamwork between experts in the field. We need to work closer than ever to achieve positive outcomes for residents. With nurse leaders, MDS professionals, and all members of the IDT learning side-by-side and exchanging ideas, we can tackle the future together.
Breakout Session Tracks – This year, our conference schedule offers attendees the opportunity to select sessions on a specific breakout session track focused on topics important to NACs, DNSs, or specific sessions on PDPM – which we all know is one of the most important topics of the year in our field! These session tracks are meant to guide you into sessions that relate specifically to your job title or functional role, but you are welcome to attend any session of interest to you.
Also, for a sneak preview of some of the upcoming breakout sessions, visit the main conference page!
- New Advanced Certification Workshop – Experienced nurse assessment coordinators who are ready to take their experience to a higher level can rise to the challenge of achieving their Resident Assessment Coordinator – Certified Advanced (RAC-CTA℠) certification as one of our preconference workshops this year. This new education program will help you excel at being a reimbursement leader in your facility. Be one of the first to earn this advanced certification!
- Mobile App – Instead of the printed Learning Journals this year, AANAC and AADNS are trying a mostly-paperless approach by implementing a mobile app to help you organize your days at conference! Within this app, you’ll be able to view the conference schedule in real-time for any updates, view a map of the meeting space, get real-time announcements, connect with other attendees to keep the conversation going and to help coordinate group meetings, and you’ll also have the opportunity to use it to win fun prizes!
- SimpleLTC Recharge Lounge – The 2019 AANAC and AADNS Conference’s Presenting Sponsor, SimpleLTC, is hosting a lounge where you can relax, recharge, and network. There will be several charging stations to plug in your phone, so your device will have all the juice it needs throughout the conference to utilize the new mobile app, tweet your takeaways from your sessions, and take notes as needed. You’ll stay connected and never worry about battery life at this conference!
- Evening Networking Event – In place of the Ignite event often presented at the AANAC annual conference, we are providing an evening of desserts, drinks, and networking. This event is sponsored by MED-PASS and is sure to be a great opportunity to meet others in your field.
- Orlando – You work hard, and this conference can provide you with some time away from the facility to recharge. Orlando, the City Beautiful, is a top destination for relaxation and entertainment! Enjoy the onsite pool and spa at the Rosen Centre Hotel, see the city with a spectacular view on the ICON Orlando 360™ observation wheel, or check out one of the theme parks to make you the happiest professional on earth.
Are you planning on attending this year’s conference? Let us know you are going on the 2019 AANAC and AADNS Conference Facebook Event Page and share with your friends and colleagues to spread the word about this outstanding event in our field!
See you in Orlando!
Desserts, Drinks, and Poolside Photo Credit: Rosen Centre Hotel