The RAC-CT program consists of 10 education courses designed for long-term care professionals with at least six months of experience with the MDS/RAI process. To earn the RAC-CT credential, you must successfully complete the 10 associated final certification exams with a score of 80% or higher. There are 3 exam attempts per course. Recertification is required every two years.
Below is the suggested order for the self-study courses; if you attend a workshop, the order will be slightly different.
- MDS 3.0 Coding for OBRA and PPS, Part 1 (CEs - 2)
- MDS 3.0 Coding for OBRA and PPS, Part 2 (CEs - 3)
- Accurately Assessing Functional Status and the MDS 3.0 (CEs - 2)
- Care Area Assessments and the MDS 3.0 (CEs - 2)
- Care Planning and the MDS 3.0 (CEs - 2)
- OBRA Timing and Scheduling for the MDS 3.0 (CEs - 2)
- Managing the Patient-Driven Payment Model in a SNF (CEs - 2)
- Introduction to Medicare Part A (CEs - 2.5)
- Quality Measures and the MDS 3.0 (CEs - 2.9)
- The Five-Star Quality Rating System (CEs - 2)
- Total CEs for the online series - 22.4
Don't wait to complete your RAC-CT. You'll still receive the Oct. 2019 updates when available.