MDS 3.0 RAI User's Manual (V 1.12)
This page contains the current MDS 3.0 RAI User's Manual v1.12, effective October 1, 2014. This version of the manual incorporates clarifications to existing coding and transmission policy, integrates previously published questions and answers into the appropriate sections, and addresses requested clarifications and scenarios concerning complex areas.
Updated: October 9, 2014
The errata changes posted by CMS on October 7, 2014, have been incorporated into this version of the RAI User’s Manual. Updated areas include:
- Chapter 2
- Pages A-8, A-10, and A-13 (Chapter 3 Section A)
- Pages E-2 through E-8 (Chapter 3 Section E)
- Chapter 5
- Page 6-12 (Chapter 6)
- Appendix B, F, and H cover pages
- Appendix G
Files affected by this revision contain an R in the version number ("1.12R") and pages affected include an “(R)” in the page footer.
- Review critical changes in a comprehensive summary written by AANAC Vice President of Content and Curriculum Development, Judi Kulus.
- The FY 2015 transition memo explains how to implement new COT OMRA policies effective Oct. 1, 2014.
- The COT OMRA clarification memo clarifies certain issues and scenarios related to COT OMRA changes that are effective Oct. 1, 2014.
- The August 2014 update of Appendix B to the RAI Manual contains changes to the list of state RAI coordinators, MDS automation coordinators, RAI panel members, and regional office contacts. This is the most up-to-date listing of these contacts, and it is maintained outside of the RAI Manual by CMS.
The manual is also maintained on the CMS website here.