MDS 3.0 RAI User's Manual (V 1.12)
This page contains the current MDS 3.0 RAI User's Manual v1.12, effective October 1, 2014. This version of the manual incorporates clarifications to existing coding and transmission policy, integrates previously published questions and answers into the appropriate sections, and addresses requested clarifications and scenarios concerning complex areas.
Updated: February 6, 2015
This version of the RAI User’s Manual now contains recent errata changes posted by CMS including:
- Chapter 2 revisions
- Chapter 3, section A clarifications to the meaning of entry/reentry and the coding for MDS items A1600, A1700, A1800, and A1900
Changed manual pages are marked with the footer “October 2014 (R)” or “October 2014 (R2)” if the page was previously revised.
- Review critical changes in a comprehensive summary written by AANAC Vice President of Content and Curriculum Development, Judi Kulus.
- The FY 2015 transition memo explains how to implement new COT OMRA policies effective Oct. 1, 2014.
- The COT OMRA clarification memo clarifies certain issues and scenarios related to COT OMRA changes that are effective Oct. 1, 2014.
- The August 2014 update of Appendix B to the RAI Manual contains changes to the list of state RAI coordinators, MDS automation coordinators, RAI panel members, and regional office contacts. This is the most up-to-date listing of these contacts, and it is maintained outside of the RAI Manual by CMS.
The manual is also maintained on the CMS website here.