MDS 101 is the perfect course to begin to build the confidence and skills needed for your whole team to be successful with resident assessment and the RAI process.
Timely training for all LTC disciplines
Understanding the RAI is critical in driving individual care, accurate reimbursement, and as evidence of required care when auditors examine documentation. This course will help you:
Learn the lingo of the RAI for LTC and a variety of terms and acronyms specific to the MDS 3.0
- Introduce you to the basics of assessment scheduling so you can avoid being overwhelmed by PPS and OBRA timing guidelines
- Improve the power of your care plans by having a firm grasp of the basics for Care Area Assessments and the importance of individualized interventions
- Avoid beginner documentation mistakes that could impact communication, care, or reimbursement
- Review basic transmission requirements so you don't get hung up trying to submit your MDS once it’s complete
- Assist you in getting ready to begin the Resident Assessment Coordinator Certification (RAC-CT) program (MDS 101 not required for the RAC-CT, but highly recommended especially for individuals who have fewer than six months of experience with the RAI process)
Learn the basics of MDS from the MDS experts themselves. We’ve been training long-term care professionals for more than 15 years. Why would you trust anybody else?
MDS 101 Course Curriculum
The course is worth 1.75 CEs. The course is self-paced and generally can be completed in 2-5 hours. Core chapters include:
- Common Acronyms
- History, Background, and Development of the MDS
- Key RAI Concepts
- Care Area Assessments (CAAs)
- Data Collection
- The RAI User’s Manual
- MDS Completion and Submission
- Quality Measures (QMs)
- The SNF Prospective Payment System—Resource Utilization Group
AANAC provides a format that fits your learning style, including:
- Online Courses Plus PDF - Complete the course and quizzes online, and print a PDF of each course for future reference.
- Printed Manual - Use the printed manual to complete the course and have it as a valuable reference
Purchase Courses or Manuals
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. View our course return and refund policy. Have questions about AANAC education and certification? Visit our FAQs, or contact AANAC at education@AANAC.org or 800.768.1880.